Sunday, October 08, 2006
For the last couple of days I have been concentrating on creating some SOAP extensions that will allow me to Log messages, validate messages and monitor performance counters in my web services. I got stumped the other day when I was trying to debug the extension by adding them to a dummy web service. It turns out in VS 2005 when using the default documentation page to send soap to the web service I could not get the SOAPExtension to load. After spending a day researching I discover the problem is IE when sending the message uses HTTP GET and this does not get intercepted by the SOAP Pipleline. Finaly I had to use Altova XML SPy to send test message to the service in order to debug. Finally it is working now; just got to finish my Logging, Validating, Authenticate, Timing and Exception throwing SOAPExtension library.